Thursday, February 13, 2020

A Happy Anniversary :)

Celebrating and thanking life for its simplest pleasures!

Today is my (our) wedding anniversary and it's a day that has always been a joyful and happy one!❤❤ Since it's a special day, hence this post. A gift to myself :)

This day has come for the 15th time in my life and has never felt so special. This, as after having been a wife for so long a mother for about 14 years, I realised today that it wouldn't really matter if our Marriage Anniversary would be on the 12th or the 14th of February. or even in any other month for that matter. The date just doesn't matter any more. It is not a day's affair anymore. Our marriage is more like a life partnership.
I tried looking up and a straight translation of the Latin word 'Anniversary' says - 'returning yearly'. And so is my reflection of this event today. It comes every year to remind us of how much love, understanding, respect, patience, laughter and kindness was needed each day to make that one year of togetherness worthwhile.   

As we grow older and move from crown touch-up to the global hair colouring with maximum grey coverage :), life teaches us that it is not about that one specific day or time or occasion. It is the relationship and its growth that counts. As I look back, I am laughing at the times I felt bad that my brand-new husband hadn't brought anything as a Gift. That he didn't take me to the restaurant on my birthday that I would've wanted him to (the poor guy would need God's help to know that). That, he had once asked a subordinate to pick a last-minute gift for me on the anniversary and when I happily opened, it turned out to be a Men's perfume 🙆‍♀️. And that day when he had bought me a dress that made me look too fat (this never-ending love with 'Fat').
As I look back, I see a few such disappointments alongside hundreds of simple joyous moments. With my enhanced mental Maths, I can clearly see the simplest joys outweighing. In fact, it appears that more than on these special days (occasions), the rest of each of the ordinary days had one or the other simple, fundamental Happiness scattered through. 
We and our two butterflies!
A spontaneous hug from my younger one, to a quick mug-cake baked by the elder one, a random note (with a few spelling mistakes) kept under my phone by the younger one to the weekend morning tea in bed made by my SO(significant other), giving belly rub to our little pup to the constant fight between the two girls over who loves me more - these are just a few of the thousands of counts on which life has made me Happy. 

When two people invest in a marriage, the returns are rich and life-long. When there is a genuine partnership, then the special days are not restricted to a few dates. Life gives each couple a chance to reward, to appreciate and to gift each other. Absolutely every single day! I would any day settle for a bowl of cut fruits from my SO over a bunch of red roses. A family barbeque (with the initial struggle of lighting) is any day more enjoyable than a quiet candle-light dinner. Partnering with their dad and getting beaten by the girls in a game of Scrabble beats any romantic outing. A gentle foot massage while watching TV together scores much higher than the best Spa in the city.  

Had to pick up a phone that was given for repair, so was in this neighbourhood mall. Thinking of celebrations, got a quick but nice haircut done, picked up perfume for the SO (it was long due, so utility :) and got a pack of Donuts for the girls. How I love the 'Buy 6 Get 6' offer from Krispy Kreme!

"EACH DAY IS A GIFT. OPEN IT. CELEBRATE IT. ENJOY IT. ❤❤❤❤❤


6 comments:

A Different Mother's Day

                                                                                                                wallpaperbetter.com         ...